Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Disneyland 2008

Hi everyone, we are back after spending Thanksgiving at Disneyland with the Teruyas. We had a great time and had loads of fun.

First of all, I need to talk about the crowds....or the lack thereof. I read someplace that Thanksgiving weekend was one of the most crowded times at Disneyland. I'm not sure if it was the threat of rain or the declining economy, but the park was totally empty. I think the only line longer than 30 minutes was at the Matterhorn and the new-ish Toy Story 4D ride. All the other rides, we were in line for 10-15 minutes tops. It was totally amazing.....great for us, but possibly a very ominous indicator of the national economy.

This picture was taken around 9:00 AM on Saturday. Totally empty. We managed to ride Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and the Haunted Mansion in less than an hour.

On the first day we just hung around Anaheim and took care of some business. Mainly getting our In-N-Out burger fix and doing the Omiyagi thing at Trader Joe's. We also found this pretty cool bowling alley at the Anaheim Garden Walk. Nothing is more fun than neon ultra bowling to get you in the mood for Disney.



After that, it was 4 days straight of Disneyland. Actually we did do a couple of other things in between but I'll save that for a future post. I did want to mention that we managed to eat at the Big Wok, which Brandon and Sharis introduced us to. I totally love that place....we need one of those in Hawaii.







And one last note. I totally love my new camera. For the most part, it took great pictures. I'm sure the pics would have all turned out good if I knew how to use it better. One of the best things about the camera was the very fast startup time and the great battery. During the 6 days of shooting, I only charged the battery once and I must have taken well over 800 pictures.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Mmmm....Big Wok...I just finished lunch but I could go for Big Wok right now.

We also need a Big Wok, Trader Joes and In and Out here in TX. I actually dislike In and Out and I call it, "In...wait 20 minutes for your food...then Out". But the girls love that place so we need one out here.