April 15 2010
The 7th grade class hosted a new game this year for the Iolani Fair. They call it the Cake Walk. I still have no idea what that is, but apparently every 7th grade family needed to provide a cake as prizes for this game.
So if you know Michelle, you know that this could go only one of two ways. And this is the extreme road we took...
Before we get to the cake, let's meet the baking crew.
 |
| Assistant Pastry Chef |
 |
| Head Baker |
We decided to go with a farm animal theme for the cake. So that called for a bunch of ...
 |
| Bunnies |
 |
| and Piggies |
Next we prepped and decorated the cake, a la Duff Goldman
 |
| First, Fondant all over |
 |
| Then, Piggies in the mud |
 |
| And The Cow and his Bunny friends |
 |
| Bottom tier is home to a mouse, a brace of ducks, and a rickety fence |
Finally, we wrapped up the cake and headed off to the Fair. We named the cake, Roman Farm, since the theme of the fair was "When in Rome..."
I thought the cake came out great. It was probably one of the best cakes at the fair, if I do say so myself.
I won't go into the other way this could have gone, suffice to say that I'm glad we took this road.
No comments:
Post a Comment