Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marigold

August 20 2009

We have a new addition to our family.....Marigold.

We call her Mari and she's a Yellow Labrador Retriever. The same breed as our other dog, Cash. Mari is from the same breeder as Cash, so she's fully house trained and very well behaved. At least she was before we got her. Michelle tends to spoil our dogs and Mari has taken full advantage of that.

She's a lot more rascal and playful than Cash was when we first got her. She's already gotten into the trash and ripped opened a bag of dog food. But I only needed to scold her once and she hasn't done it again. She's also very shy and tends to take a long time to warm up to people. She took to Michelle and Blake very quickly but she's still a little timid around me. Maybe cause I'm the only one scolding her.

Her most unusual trait, so far, is the way that she drinks water. She basically sticks her entire face into the water bowl and laps/sucks up the water. I've never seen a dog do that before. I even once saw her doing that lying down. And as you can imagine, water is everywhere when she's done. I'll try to post pictures of her drinking water later.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY MARI !!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not tend to spoil our dogs!

Sharis said...

So cute...Kylie will be jealous :)